Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFrostburntLatest imagesSearchLog inRegisterOn the topic of PAC.. LobbyOn the topic of PAC.. GuideContent

On the topic of PAC..

Go down 
+3
Mushroom
Bizz
Validtarget
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Aesop

Aesop

On the topic of PAC.. Empty
PostSubject: On the topic of PAC..   On the topic of PAC.. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 10:44 am

In this topic, I will detail the reasons why we are not doing a whitelist for PAC on TTT, and why we are rather using the donation method instead.

In reality, PAC is not even supposed to come close to TTT, but we decided it might be a nice "exclusive, fun" thing to add for the donors of the server, and staff alike (..since they do deserve it for their hard work).

With that being said, we could've just decided to not add it to TTT at all. Though, that wouldn't be very fun, would it? Not at all! We decided to add it with a few things in mind, the main one really being: TTT is typically the most played gamemode on Garry's Mod (..recently being topped by DarkRP), but this of course brings a lot of players, specially when you're running a really unique server like ours (..+1 to Bizzclaw for all his work), but the issue being is those players could easily make a whitelist application for PAC, and wreck everyone else's experience (..specially when it comes to HITMARKERS), and since there are more players, they are more likely to do it. They have other servers to choose from that may not be as unique as our TTT, but still is TTT, so they could just go there for the time being and come back when the ban is over.

See the issue?

We feel that donors will protect their investment more, specially since they're spending real money, and of course, with all this in mind:
PAC was never even supposed to be in TTT (it can cause a LOT of issues).

Of course, for non-donors we offer pointshop as an alternative, which isn't AS customizable, but still customizable to an extent.
Back to top Go down
Validtarget
Ban
Validtarget

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of PAC..   On the topic of PAC.. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 2:40 pm

What about us people that have been using pac just fine on post nuke for many months and havn't abused it before?
Back to top Go down
Bizz
Founder
Founder
Bizz

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of PAC..   On the topic of PAC.. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 3:55 pm

Says the "Nigerian Afro Headcrab" :V
Back to top Go down
https://frostburntfoundation.forumotion.com/
Jeff Belinger
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of PAC..   On the topic of PAC.. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 3:59 pm

Bizzclaw wrote:
Says the "Nigerian Afro Headcrab" :V
this. so much this.
Back to top Go down
Mushroom
1st Forum Overlord
1st Forum Overlord
Mushroom

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of PAC..   On the topic of PAC.. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 11:44 pm

Seems fair to me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.frostburnt.com/
xxFalconArasxx

xxFalconArasxx

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of PAC..   On the topic of PAC.. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 4:20 pm

I guess I'll just say that I'm neutral towards this whole topic.

PAC3 probably should be in some ways a donator privilege, because leaving it as a universally available application would create a lot of abuse and exploit issues if everyone had the right to use PAC3. Plus it's not very TTT friendly to have it universally available, due to all the weird ass PACs some people use. I mean TTT sure isn't a roleplay game type, but it still needs some realistic friendliness, and donators like Aesop said would be very willing to protect their investment.

But at the same time PAC3 probably should be either a universal privilege or become absent entirely, because it makes it somewhat unfair for a privilege to be fully available in one server of a specific community, but become a monetized exclusive for another sever of the same exact community. Plus some hard core PAC users on Frostburnt will probably become upset with having their creative abilities stripped in this new server and turned into exclusive content.

Overall I don't mind what choice is made, because it's just a little roleplay app designed to fulfill peoples needs to personalize their Garry's Mod characters.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Belinger
Jeff Belinger

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of PAC..   On the topic of PAC.. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 7:06 pm

honestly, the only reason i would do diamond donator for TTT is to get a pac by Bizzclaw. i find the game mode fun when im a traitor but otherwise its just waiting to get rekt by traitors.

So, huh, If i wanted to just buy a pac from Bizzclaw, how much woulod it be? I would very much so love to know because i am hihgly interested in his skills. I have seen what he can do (who didnt aside from the new folks) and it makes me want to lob give him a blank check with a sticky note saying: "price range 15 to 40 dollars"
Back to top Go down
Ameno-Sagiri
Supreme Forum Overlord
Supreme Forum Overlord
Ameno-Sagiri

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of PAC..   On the topic of PAC.. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 10:16 am

Jeff Belinger wrote:
honestly, the only reason i would do diamond donator for TTT is to get a pac by Bizzclaw. i find the game mode fun when im a traitor but otherwise its just waiting to get rekt by traitors.

So, huh, If i wanted to just buy a pac from Bizzclaw, how much woulod it be? I would very much so love to know because i am hihgly interested in his skills. I have seen what he can do (who didnt aside from the new folks) and it makes me want to lob give him a blank check with a sticky note saying: "price range 15 to 40 dollars"

Serring Swagiri, $420 dorrar.
Back to top Go down
Aesop

Aesop

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of PAC..   On the topic of PAC.. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 12:25 pm

Jeff Belinger wrote:

You'll have to personally contact him on that one.

edit: To answer that question, Bizzclaw is making PACs for $60, so.. uh, be smart and just buy diamond donor, that is all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the topic of PAC..   On the topic of PAC.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On the topic of PAC..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
-
Jump to: